Sunday, November 21, 2010

How rude can people be?

Yes, I know...it was never going to last...I had to complain about something!!

I was in town yesterday and I almost got barged into a stand full of video games by this guy walking passed...why?  Simple, it was because he was too interested in looking at his smartphone to take any notice of what was going on around him.

This is nothing exactly new, this has been happening for a while...people will be too busy using their phones instead of taking notice of what is going on around them, I remember a commercial based on a teen recording a video on their phone and getting run over because they were not looking where they were going...quite powerful stuff, and sadly something that happened all too often.

Then recently there was a new commercial where people were so interested in their shiny new phone they were walking into people, and being generally ignorant on the whole....yeah, like people need encouraging (and yes before you point it out to me it is supposed to be a joke, I am fully aware of that).

Even Haunted Rockcake does this, and it really annoys me...for example she will stand in the middle of a slim aisle, and read a message on her Blackberry blocking the gangway for everyone else (I must stress now, she is not a fat person before anyone conjures up that kind of image!!) despite the fact it is something she constantly moans about happening when people do it to her.

I have an iPhone, I take it with me everywhere, but if I am going to answer a message I make sure I am either sat down on a bench or seat of some sort or out of people's way...it's not rocket science, and it is just courtesy.

Perhaps my mom brought me up the wrong way....

2 comments:

  1. Actually, the advert with the people barging into each other was for car insurance.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the commercial you mean, but this is a different one :)

    ReplyDelete